A Dance of Birds, Poetry and Paper Collage by Angela Blair and Sherri Linnemeyer


A Dance of Birds, Poetry and Paper Collage
Angela Blair and Sherri Linnemeyer

Last night I attended the premiere book signing for this book, A Dance of Birds by Angela Blair and Sherri Linnemeyer. The book was written by Angela, and is a poem about birds, and is suitable for young children to adults. The illustrations are by Sherri, and were created with tissue paper collage, and they are exquisite. So much so that I not only purchased a book and had them sign it, but I also bought one of the original pieces of art by Sherri that is included in the book. I would have loved to get the parrot cover art, but that, I knew, was not available or had already sold. But the piece that I did get, was of a starling in front of the Notre Dame cathedral and will look great on my wall. 

European Starling and Cathedral
Sherri Linnemeyer

The event itself was also lovely. It was held at Churchill School in Baker City, which is an old elementary school turned into a multipurpose center for arts and events (including an  Air B&B, bike hostel, recording studio, artist studios, hair salon, and more.) The Dance Hall was used for this event, which is the old school gymnasium auditorium. It has old school tables and benches that fold into the wall on one side, and repurposed theater seating on the other side, with seat backs custom painted by local artists, including me. Angela and Sherri were both there with a table for purchasing books and where they would both sign, and Sherri had her art on display and for sale. There were treats served by East Side Bakery, and drinks served in the bar by Corinne Vegter. Robert Anders and a friend (I am sorry I did not get her name) played guitar and violin to serve as atmospheric background music and it was very well done. Angela and Sherri spoke about how the book came into being, and then Angela read it for all of us. It was truly a delightful evening, and great for me and my daughters to get out of the house for a bit and be among some wonderful people.

This book is available to purchase from Amazon, or if you are in Baker City, Oregon, you can find it at Betty's Books. The author's website is angieblair.com for more information.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Dance of Birds, Poetry and Paper Collage by Angela Blair and Sherri Linnemeyer

A Dance of Birds, Poetry and Paper Collage Angela Blair and Sherri Linnemeyer Last night I attended the premiere book signing for this book,...