If Keanu Were Your Boyfriend by Marisa Polansky
It is no secret that when I laid my girlhood crush on Ricky Schroder to rest, that I then discovered Keanu Reeves, not yet the superstar that he would shortly become. I wasn't as outwardly fanatic with this crush, but I used to joke that I was going to marry him....or Cary Elwes (Westley from Princess Bride).
So when I found this book at the local library book sale, of course it had to come home with me. It was meant for me, right?
This is a fun, quick read based on articles and interviews with Keanu Reeves. You learn little tidbits about him like his favorite food, where he was born, tragedies that have occured in his life, and even the rumor that he may be immortal because he looks so youthful.
It was a nice distraction from the craziness in my life. I have a friend I am loaning this to, so she can imagine what it might be like if Keanu were her boyfriend.
O Keanu, I pined for you in my youth, but that was a lifetime ago. I am married over 30 years now, and those fun celebrity crushes of my teenage years must now be only appreciation for the beautiful person you have become and the roles you have played. You will have to be my boyfriend in some alternate universe where I might be found worthy of your affection.
No comments:
Post a Comment